Coming Soon! HO Scale Bethlehem 3483 Hopper
The Bethlehem 3483 Hopper is held by many to be the quintessential Western coal hopper of the modern era.
In volume 4 number 3 of the Prospector, The Rio Grande Historical Society published “if one had to pick THE signature freight car of the Rio Grande in its final quarter century, it would undoubtedly be the 100 ton quad hopper from Bethlehem Steel Car.”
Hill railroads also purchased the Bethlehem 3483 in quantity. The Great Northern received 100 cars in an attractive, utilitarian paint scheme with the Great Northern moniker. The Burlington railroad placed six separate orders for a total of 1,370 cars. These cars were delivered in both the “Monogram” and “Helvetica” paint schemes. Today, original paint schemes of GN and Burlington 3483 Hoppers have been identified in BNSF Maintenance of Way service. However, when the Hill lines merged in 1970, many cars were repainted in the image of the new corporate identity, Burlington Northern.
- ExactRail’s equalized 100 ton ASF Ride Control Trucks
- Machined metal wheel sets and axles
- Kadee ® #158 “scale” whisker couplers
- Narrow-style draft box, featuring: key detail, shank wedges, striker castings and full nut and bolt detail
- Numerous separately applied details, including: double door Wine locks, brake levers, bell cranks, air hoses and brake appliance details!
- Exceptionally accurate printing and colors!
- Wire coupler cut levers, grab irons, brake rods and lever hangers!
Rio Grande - 3-1974 'As-Delivered'
- 18 Road Numbers
Rio Grande - 12-1978 'As-Delivered'
- 18 Road Numbers
Rio Grande - UP Repaint #12272
- 1 Road Number
Chicago & North Western - 1966 'As-Delivered'
- 12 Road Numbers
Chicago & North Western - 1980 Repaint
- 2 Road Numbers
Reading & Northern - Repaint with Placard
- 6 Road Numbers
Reading & Northern - Patched Panels
- 3 Road Numbers
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.