A 'Plate C' for your IPD.
Empowered by its acquisition of United States Railway Equipment (USRE,) Evans-USRE boxcars became the company standard during the IPD boxcar boom of the 1970s. With modern upgrades such as box-corrugated, non-terminating ends, Stanray X-panel overhanging roof, and riveted car sides near the end posts, the Evans-USRE 5277 is a classic boxcar of the IPD era.
A hallmark of the 1970's, ExactRail is pleased to offer the all-new Evans-USRE 5277 plate C boxcar! Faithful to the prototype, ExactRail's Evans-USRE 5277 is dressed with authentic features and precision details. Complete with NRUC herald plates on appropriate boxcars, wire form details, nailable steel floor, fully detailed draft boxes, ExactRail recreates one of the most common prototypes never offered in model form. Recreate the diversity of the prototype with one of the most common boxcars of the modern era, innovate your rolling stock with ExactRail's Evolution Series Evans-USRE 5277 boxcar.
ExactRail's Evans-USRE 5277 Boxcar is complete with exclusive features, including:
• Precision Micro-Tooled!
• Designed, engineered and tooling in the United States!
• ExactRail's exclusive 70 ton ASF 'Ride Control' or 70 ton Barber S-2 trucks.
• Machined metal wheel sets and axles.
• Factory installed Kadee ® “scale” couplers.
• Narrow-style draft box, featuring: shank wedges, striker castings and full nut and bolt detail.
•Wire grab irons.
•Exceptionally accurate razor sharp painting and printing.
CLICK THE AVAILABLE PAINT SCHEMES BELOW TO BUY YOURS TODAY!