We are pleased to share the FMC 5327 boxcar with 12’-0 plug doors!
In 1979, FMC Corporation built 10’-6 and 12’-0 plug door versions of its 5327 exterior post boxcar. Of the two versions, the 12’-0 plug door is the most distinctive. The wide plug door on a 50’ exterior post car was very modern for this era, and the distinctive paint schemes of the East Camden & Highland, Minnesota Dakota & Western, and New Orleans Public Belt were equally fresh. In 1979, this car was cool as your gold Pontiac Firebird Trans Am.
You may have heard rumors that ExactRail has an inventory of tooling. From this inventory, we offer the all-new, Evolution Series FMC 5327 Boxcar. Available in 5 paint schemes, including two road number specific paint schemes for the Quebec Central (QC).
ExactRail's FMC 5327 Boxcar is complete with exclusive features, including:
• Precision Micro-Tooled!
• Designed, engineered and tooling in the United States!
• ExactRail's exclusive 100-ton ASF Ride Control trucks
• CNC-machined 36" metal wheel sets.
• Finely crafted steel nailable floor.
• Factory installed Kadee® #58 “scale” couplers.
• ExactRail's separately applied door tracks and door bars!
• Narrow-style draft box, featuring: shank wedges, striker castings and full nut and bolt detail.
•Wire grab irons.
•Exceptionally accurate paint schemes with razor sharp painting and printing.
CLICK THE AVAILABLE PAINT SCHEMES BELOW TO BUY YOURS TODAY!