HO Scale: FMC 5327 12’-0 Plug Door Boxcars
In 1979, FMC Corporation built 10’-6 and 12’-0 plug door versions of its 5327 exterior post boxcar. Of the two versions, the 12’-0 plug door is the most distinctive. The wide plug door on a 50’ exterior post car was very modern for this era. Originally the 5327 Boxcars were delivered to Chattahoochee Industrial Railway, East Camden & Highland, Minnesota Dakota & Western, and New Orleans Public Belt. The cars went on to multiple second, third and now fourth hand owners. Most were patched over but some did go on to be repainted.
ExactRail is pleased to announce all-new paint schemes of the FMC 5327 boxcar with 12’-0 plug doors!
- Designed, Engineered and Tooled in the United States!
- Factory installed Kadee #58 couplers
- ExactRail's exclusive 100-Ton ASF 'Ride Control' Trucks
- CNC- machined metal wheel sets
- Razor sharp painting and printing
Click any of the available paint schemes below to learn more: