HO Scale: Bethlehem 3737 Hopper - SOO Line '1967 As Delivered'
ExactRail HO Scale: Bethlehem 3737 Hopper - SOO Line '1967 As Delivered'
The Bethlehem 3737/3716 Hopper is an icon railcar of the last quarter century, and ExactRail is pleased to announce a new release of the Bethlehem 3737/3716 Hoppers in 3 all new paint schemes, new road numbers, undecorated kits and 2 exclusive schemes for TrainLife.com!
With over 10,000 units produced, this is one of the most prolific, Western steel hoppers of last 40 years. The first Bethlehem 3737/3716 delivery went to the Chicago & Eastern Illinois in 1973, and subsequent orders went to the Texas & Pacific, Missouri Pacific, Chicago & North Western as well as various utilities, like Indianapolis Power and Light. These are still in service as of 2021, and many have been rebuilt into 4000 capacity cars—which, ExactRail also offers!
About the SOO Line '1967 As Delivered' Paint Scheme:
Soo Line is a TrainLife.com exclusive paint scheme. In late 1967, Soo Line took delivery of 50 Bethlehem built 3502 Hoppers. These hoppers, have a visual appearance similar to the 3737 hoppers but stand about 6" shorter. Although this is a stand-in scheme, it was developed with care and guidance from some of the highest authorities of SOO Line rolling stock.
About Our Stand-In Freight cars:
ExactRail's dedication to accuracy means that they don't very often use 'stand in' tooling for projects that are close to a certain freight car (some people call these 'foobies'). We know that there are many holes in the modeling world and many people that are happy to have a stand in model so long as it represents something close to the real thing. We've worked closely with ExactRail to create close 'stand in' models to fill these holes.
- Unparalleled attention to letter accuracy and placement.
- ExactRail’s equalized 100 ton ASF Ride Control Trucks
- Machined metal wheel sets and axles
- Kadee ® #158 “scale” couplers
- Narrow-style draft box, featuring: key detail, shank wedges, striker castings and full nut and bolt detail
- Wire coupler cut levers, grab irons, brake rods and lever hangers!
Accurate Bethlehem 3737 details, including:
- Single door Wine locks
- 4’ 10.5” vertical brake lever
- Welded top chord gussets
- Sub center sill brake rod
- Etched metal slake adjustor guard
- Interior braces
- Interior wheel well panels
- Floor mounted air reservoir
- 2 Load Styles included with each hopper!