EP-81003-6 - Magor 4750 Covered Hopper : SOO : 70441
EP-81003-5 - Magor 4750 Covered Hopper : SOO : 70415
EP-81003-4 - Magor 4750 Covered Hopper : SOO : 70359
EP-81003-3 - Magor 4750 Covered Hopper : SOO : 70323
EP-81003-2 - Magor 4750 Covered Hopper : SOO : 70289
EP-81003-1 - Magor 4750 Covered Hopper : SOO : 70267
This Product sold out on the original ExactRail.com
The Magor Car Corporation was a New Jersey-based car builder, who from the early 1900s, concentrated on the manufacture of freight cars for international export. However, in 1963, the company was encouraged to give new consideration to the domestic market, based in part upon the success of Magor's aluminum designed freight cars. Previously, Magor had cooperated with Reynolds Materials and the Southern Railway to mass produce the first aluminum freight car for the U.S. market. In 1966, Magor introduced the 4750 cubic capacity aluminum covered hopper. Marketed as a car whose light tare meant more payload capacity, the Magor 4750 Covered Hopper which proved to be one of its most successful aluminum-based designs.
ExactRail's Magor 4750 Covered Hopper features only exceptionally accurate, well-researched paint schemes. To the extent that when the #501 of the Cargill/CLSX (EP-81010) was repainted with non-standard script on both sides of the car, we recreated unique artwork for all four sides of the model to accurately capture these nuanced differences. This is an ExactRail first!
H I G H L I G H T S
• Exceptionally accurate, well-researched paint schemes
• Precision micro-tooled!
• Designed, engineered and tooled in the United States!
• Factory installed Kadee #58 coupler
• Narrow-style draft box, featuring: shank wedges, striker casting and full nut and bolt detail.
• ExactRail's exclusive ASF 100 ton 'Ride Control' trucks
• CNC-machined metal wheel sets with all new metal axles!
• Wire grab irons
• Razor sharp painting and printing
• Wire coupler cut levers and separately applied air hoses
• Etched metal Morton-style brake platform
For additional information about this prototype as well as other available paint schemes click below: