ExactRail HO Scale: Gunderson 6269 Boxcar - Illinois Central
In 1994, Gunderson introduced a 6269 cubic capacity boxcar. These cars were constructed with the paper industry in mind, where large rolls of paper travel best in well conditioned and sealed cars. In this year, Gunderson delivered 500 cars to the BN, BAR and HS. By 2000, the combined delivery to other roads totaled 2050 cars. Today, many of these cars have passed into second-hand ownership.
About the IC Paint Scheme
Illinois Central (IC): In 1996, Illinois Central purchased 200 Gunderson 6269 boxcars. These were delivered in a very industrial looking light gray paint scheme and IC’s “Death Star” logo.
HO Scale: Gunderson 6269 Boxcar - Illinois Central
(to add items to your wishlist first select a quantity in the above chart)
For additional information about this prototype as well as other available paint schemes click below:
Check out these great features!
- Precision micro-tooled!
- Extraordinarily accurate artwork!
- Designed, engineered and tooled in the United States!
- ExactRail's exclusive 100-ton ASF Ride Control trucks
- Kadee® #58 couplers
- Finely crafted steel-nailable floor
- Wire grab irons
- ExactRail's separately applied door tracks and door bars!
- Narrow-style draft box, featuring: shank wedges, striker casting and full nut and bolt detail
- CNC-machined 36" metal wheel sets
- Razor sharp printing!